Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm pretty excited. Looks like the video/slideshow finally upload and linked ok. I hope it works for everyone. I created it Monday night after coming home from the hospital and was totally bummed when I couldn't email it because it was too big. If anyone reading this is at all interested in creating a blog or posting files/videos etc. to share with others, I STRONGLY encourage you to click on the freevlog link to the right. Before today (yesterday really but the days are running together) I knew little to nothing about any of this. Now everything is set up (I hope). Iit was all completely free and the instructions were realy clear. I also encourage you to check out archive.org. A friend turned me on to this site a while ago for free music downloads (legal) and it works with hosting/posting this blog stuff. It reminds me of when Shell my mom and I were in DC at the Library of Congress. I thought it amazing that one place housed everything ever published and likewise archive.org is amazing that it tries to house everything published digitally (my feabile interpretation).

It is 3:15 am here. Elliot is feeding and will hopefully sleep soon there after. Tomorrow we are off to the hospital for another Jaundice test (everything seems ok) and to the pediatrician for our first visit.

Up next - I've added an RSS link to the blog. Need to figure out if this somehow lets me link the log to my ipod as a podcast (yes Kelly - more things for me to figure out for you). If anyone has info on this or any other cool things you can do with this new fangled internet let me know.

Tim

No comments: